The holidays almost always mean leftovers. After the fourth serving of turkey (or Tofurky), along with mashed potatoes and green beans, the magic disappears for many of us. Consider the following ideas for making delicious new meals from your holiday bounty:
- Potatoes: My Potatoes with Kale recipe is perfect for pre-cooked spuds.
- Broccoli: Leftover broccoli - plain with no sauce – is delicious in Broccoli Pancakes or added to cooked pasta, as in Penne a la Broccoli.
- Create a healthful stir-fry with leftovers by steaming a bunch of fresh veggies and adding almost anything to the mix!
- Make your own version of my Stuffed Potatoes by topping with leftover vegetables, stuffing or even homemade cranberry sauce.
- Soup: Start with a simple Garlic Broth base and add leftover vegetables and fresh whole-wheat noodles (I like soba noodles) for a new way to present familiar foods!